0. Start on the near/far end of the court.
1. Enter the court moving over the blue path/green path.
2. Move to the opposite end of the court, crossing over the red path when neccessary.
3. If, while moving over the red path, you encounter a player moving from the opposite direction: stop.
4. Negotiate with this player to decide who will switch to the other’s pathway and move in the opposite direction.
5. If you switch: turn around and move back to the side of the court you started, over the green path/blue path.
6. If the other player switches, continue to the near/far end of the court.
7. When you reach the end of the court, exit the court and make a mark to add to the blue score/green score.
9. Follow the blue path/green path, around the outside of the court, back to start.
llke Gers (NZ) works with social situations and actions that focus on the body as a site where environmental conditioning plays out. She has been in group exhibitions and performances at Kunstvlaai (Amsterdam), De Appel (Amsterdam), MoMA PS1 – NYABF Project Room (New York) and Split/Fountain (Auckland), and is currently a researcher at the Jan van Eyck Academie in Maastricht.
05/09/2014: Opening & first performance.
19h00 — 22h00
10/09/2014: Installation open for public
10h00 — 19h00
18/09/2014: Final performance
19h00 — 22h00
All performances are free. This project was made possible with the generous support of Creative New Zealand, and partly realized during the residency period at the Jan van Eyck Academie, which has been made possible by the Mondriaan Fonds.